Add a recovery email address
Step 2 of the Set up my Office 365 account series.
If you ever forget your password, a password reset email can be sent to your recovery email address.
These steps are for your first Office 365 account with GoDaddy. If you've already set up an Office 365 email address with GoDaddy, or don't remember setting it up, go to More info for instructions.
- Sign in to Office 365 (we recommend bookmarking this page.)
- Enter your Office 365 Email and password, and select Sign In.
- Enter your recovery email address and select Save. Once your recovery email address is saved, you'll be directed to your Office 365 apps.
- To finish setting up your online options, select Outlook. Choose your language and sign-in options, and then you'll see your Outlook inbox.
Your email account is secure and you can reset your password as needed.
- If you have an existing email address with us, or aren't prompted to set a recovery email, sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard and select Manage next to your email address. Under Account information, you'll see if you've set a recovery email. If you haven't, select Add recovery email, enter your email and Save. Then skip to step 4, set up your email on a device.
- If your sign-in info doesn't work see the trouble with signing in article.