Add an email alias
If you want additional email addresses for a single inbox but don't want to pay for more licenses, you can create multiple alternate email addresses using "aliases". Want to know more about email aliases?
Note: You must have admin permissions to manage email aliases.
Show me how
- Log in to your Office 365 Microsoft portal. (Need help logging in?).
- Click Admin.
- On the left, under Users, click Active users. If the navigation menu is collapsed, look for .
- Click the address you want to edit.
- Next to Username / Email, click Edit.
- Find the Aliases section of the page.
- In the field under Alias, enter the first part of the email address you want. After the @ symbol, select the domain.
Note: The generic onmicrosoft.com domain is selected by default. Click there to select your personal domain.
- Click Add. You will see your new alias address appear below.
- Below the new alias address, click Save.
- You will see a summary of your changes. Click Close.
Note: If you plan to use the email encryption service, you must add the alias to your email encryption account.