Change comment approval settings in WordPress
You can adjust the automatic comment approval settings in WordPress. This helps to prevent comment spam by ensuring only comments from approved users appear on the site.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Before a comment appears section
- Check or uncheck the box next to the lines:
- Comment must be manually approved
- Comment author must have a previously approved comment
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Try to comment without being signed in, to see if the settings have changed.
- You should receive a message that matches your selection from above.