Clone my website to a new website
You can clone a website to a destination that doesn’t have a WordPress installation. The cloned website isn’t added to your Pro Sites dashboard.
Note: You need to enable Premium Backups in order to clone the website.
- Log in to your Pro account. (Need help logging in?)
- Click Pro Clients and select Pro Sites.
- Click Websites in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the website and click Backups.
- Select the date of the backup and click the backup in Backup name section.
- Click Clone and then click New website.
- Type the destination site URL and then click Test URL.
- Fill in Connection Information form with the destination FTP and Database credentials.
Note: We recommend that you use different databases for the source and destinatation websites. If you use the same database, use a different database prefix for the destination.
- Click Test Credentials.
Note: If the test is not successful, double check the info that you've filled in.
- Optional: Fill Create new admin form. If the form is left blank, WordPress admin from the backup will be used.
- Optional: Type the new database prefix in Change prefix section. If left blank, the prefix from the source website will be used.
- Optional: Enable or disable Search Engine Visibility. This option is set to Do not change by default.
- Click Clone.