Install Ewww Image Optimizer with FTP
The Ewww Image Optimizer plugin is a great way to optimize images on you WordPress site. Use the instructions below to install Ewww Image Optimizer in FTP.
- Download Ewww Image Optimizer from WordPress.org.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Upload the 'ewww-image-optimizer' plugin to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- If your plugin is zipped, you will need to unzip it (cPanel / Plesk / Web & Classic).
Note: If you do not have a way to unzip the file on your hosting account, you will need to unzip the file on your local computer, and then upload the unzipped folder of files.
- Log into WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins.
- Click Activate for Ewww Plugins Manager.
- Once installed, you can run the bulk optimize feature under the media tab.
You can find additional options under the Settings tab by clicking on EWWW Image Optimizer to customize your plugin's functionality.
- Return to Optimize images in WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.