Setting Up Website Protection Site Scanner
Setting up your Website Protection Site Scanner account takes just a few minutes.
To Set Up Site Scanner
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Website Protection.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- If you don't have a hosting account set up in your account, type in the domain name you want scanned. Otherwise, select the domain name you want Malware Scanner to scan, or select Type in domain... to manually enter the name.
NOTE: If you manually specify your domain, you must verify that you control the hosting space with additional steps. After you complete setup, see Verifying Website Control for Website Protection Site Scanner for more information.
- Select a Scheduled Scan Time.
- Select your Time Zone.
- Enter an alternate address in Additional Emails if you want to receive notifications at an email address other than what is specified for your account.
- Select your notification preference.
NOTE: We always notify you if a scan has warnings or critical issues, or if your scan or seal status changes.
- Click Save.
- Verify your set up details, and click Confirm.
Scans occur every 24 hours at the time you specified in your time zone, so check back after that time to view your results. After your website successfully passes a scan, you can insert the Site Scanner site seal code on your home page. For more information, see Retrieving Your Website Protection Site Scanner Seal Code.