Show hidden files in my Linux Hosting account
You can change your cPanel directory to show hidden or dot files, which are files that don't appear in the File Manager. They're called hidden or dot files because of the "." at the beginning of the file name, such as .htaccess or .user.ini.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager, in the upper right-hand corner click Settings.
- In the Preferences list, select Web Root (public_html or www) and check Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).
- Click Save.