Update WordPress permalinks
Using custom WordPress permalinks can improve search engine optimization(SEO) and make your website's URL more attractive for searches. WordPress permalinks are the permanent URLs for your posts and pages. You can activate and update permalinks through the WordPress Dashboard in order to have SEO friendly URLs.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Choose the permalink structure you prefer, or create a custom one.
Note: OPTIONAL: You can also create a structure for your categories and tags.
- Click Save Changes.
- The URL on your website's pages should display the permalink settings you selected.
- Return to Update, activate, or reset WordPress permalinks.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.