Using MVC3 Applications on Your Hosting
Our Web Hosting and Plesk accounts support MVC3 applications by default, but our Classic Hosting accounts do not. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
However, you can deploy ASP.NET MVC3 applications to Windows Shared Hosting accounts by copying certain assemblies to the
If you want to use an ASP.NET MVC 3 RC2 application with our Windows® Hosting accounts, you must use IIS 7 or 8, runtime version 4.0 with integrated pipeline mode, and then upload the required assembly dependencies.
To Use MVC3 Applications with Windows Hosting
- Make sure your account uses IIS 7. For more information, see Customize IIS settings.
- Follow the instructions in Changing Pipeline Mode on Your Windows IIS 7 Hosting Account. Select Integrated Pipeline Mode.
- In your Project References section, set Copy Local to True for the following assemblies:
- Add the following assemblies to your project, and then set Copy Local to True:
- Publish your application.